||D.Parapadakis@wmin.ac.uk (with subject
POST CURRENTLY HELD
Director of Learning, Teaching and Quality (Head of Department level) in School of Electronics and Computer Science
QUALITY ASSURANCE AND ENHANCEMENT EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE IN COURSE LEADERSHIP
- Chair of School Learning, Teaching and Quality Committee
- Line Management of academic staff in the Learning, Teaching and Quality structure of the School
- Learning and Teaching Coordinator, responsible for HEFCE Teaching Quality Enhancement Fund (TQEF)
- National Teaching Fellowship Awards (NTFS) Specialist Reader (for Computer Science)
- Assessor for IEEE Computer Society Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Member of the University's Academic Council
- Chair of University Validation Panels (UVPs)
- Deputy Chair of Campus Academic Standards Group (CASG)
- Chair of School Development Fund Panel
- Member of Computer Science QAA Developmental Engagement Steering Group
- Member of Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) Steering group
- Member of University Learning and Teaching Committee
- Member of University Teaching and Learning Policy Review Group
- Staff Appraiser
- M.Sc. in Electronic Commerce (full-cost)
- B.Sc. in Artificial Intelligence
EXPERIENCE IN COURSE DEVELOPMENT
- M.Sc. in Electronic
- M.Sc. in Biometrics
- M.Sc. in Intelligent
and Multiagent Systems
- M.Sc. in Interactive
- M.Sc. in Computer Animation
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- M.Sc. in IT Security
- B.Sc. in Artificial Intelligence
- B.Sc. in Computer Science
- B.Sc. in Multimedia
- M.Sc. in Knowledge Engineering
- Electronic Documentation and Hypertext [Level 5, ~80 students]
- Hypertext and Internet Tools [Level 5, ~100 students]
- Software Development for Artificial Intelligence [Level 5, ~20 students]
- Software Development (using C) [Level 5, ~120 students]
- Artificial Life and Planning [Level 6, ~25 students]
- IT Threats and Counter-measures.[Level 7, ~35 students]
- Electronic Documentation and Hypertext [Level 7, ~45 students]
- Issues in Electronic Commerce [Level 7, ~25 students]
- Internet Information Management (using XML) [Level 7, ~25 students]
- Intelligent Computing (for Biometrics) [Level 7, ~10 students]
- Research Methods [Level 7, ~40 students]
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
1991 M.Sc. & D.I.C. in Foundations of Advanced
Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence and Logic pathway. Imperial College, University of London.
1990 B.Sc. Hons. Computing (1st). Polytechnic of Central
CONSULTANCY & EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS
2007- Centre of Excellence in Professional Learning from the Workplace (CEPLW) – Embedding in curriculum student engagement with the open source professional community.
2006 Kay Media Ltd – Knowledge Transfer Partnership (DTI-funded) for the development and commissioning of intelligent web enabled information applications utilising both Internet and Artificial Intelligence techniques. (Awarded)
2004-6 Capture Ltd – Knowledge Transfer Partnership (DTI-funded) for the development and modularisation of the company's Image Library management system.
2002 LShift Ltd – Web & Internet consultancy.
2002 New Media Knowledge (NMK) – Web & Internet consultancy
1999 ‘Panorama of the Audiovisual Market and Education’. EU funding through the MEDIA II TRAINING programme to provide new media educational material. In collaboration with the European’s Children Television Centre (Greece), Centre of Mass Communication Research of University of Leicester (UK), Brainware S.A. (Greece), Options Eurocongress (UK), La Sept Arte (Germany), Baltic Media Centre (Denmark), Nordic Film Institute (Norway) and other participants.
1996 Europe Media Ltd. Consultancy on Internet policy of a publishing company.
D. Parapadakis, E-Mistrust. E-Commerce Solutions Directory
SELECTED REFEREED PUBLICATIONS
Using IT to combat plagiarism - 10 years of successes and failures.
Plagiarism, Prevention, Practice and Policies (PPPP2004) Newcastle, UK, 2004
D. Parapadakis, M. Margeti,
A Formal Model For Improving Selection Of Collaborative Environments Using Learning Styles.
2nd International Conference on Multimedia and ICTs in Education (m-ICTE 2003). [Book: Advances in technology-based education: towards a knowledge based society] Badajoz, Spain, 2003
D. Parapadakis, E. El-Darzi, The
LH5 Model for Data Mining. 1st International Conference of E-Business
(ICEB 2001), Hong-Kong, Dec 2001
A.Angelopoulou, A.Psarrou, D.Parapadakis.
An Extensible Movie System Interface for Information - Rich Television.
International Conference on Internet Computing 2001 (IC'01), Las Vegas,
D. Parapadakis The HYDRA system:
A Machine Learning System for Multiple, Impure Sources, CIMCA
’99, Vienna, Feb 1999. Published in Computation Intelligence for Modelling,
Control and Automation, IOS Press 1999 pp183-188.
D. Parapadakis, Security Issues
in Electronic Distance Learning. Accepted to be presented and
published in the 19th ICDE World Conference on Open Learning and Distance
Education, Vienna, Jun 1999.
D. Parapadakis, V. Bouki, P. Veniou
The Learning Skills Project. Accepted to be presented and published
in the 19th ICDE World Conference on Open Learning and Distance Education,
Vienna, Jun 1999.
A. Drandaki, D.Parapadakis, Ifigenia
Dionysiadou. The Electronic Documentation of The Benaki Museum
Byzantine Collection, Published in Byzantium, Identity, Image,
Influence. XIX International Congress of Byzantine Studies, University
of Copenhagen, 18-24 August 1996. Major papers pp.477-490.
A. Drandaki, D. Parapadakis. The
program of Electronic Documentation of the Byzantine Collection of
the Benaki Museum. Published on 16th Annual Conference
of the Hellenic Christian Archaeological Society, Athens 1996.
EXPERIENCE IN COMPUTING
Languages, tools, and environments known with development experience:
||Visual Basic (v.3,4,5,6)
|| Curses Libraries
|| Unix Shells
|| DBase II,III,IV
||Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
and a variety of other Unix, Linux, MS-DOS, and MS-Windows tools.
Also working knowledge of the following
Operating Systems with development experience
UNIX (Interactive, SCO, BSD, SunOS, Solaris), MS-DOS, Microsoft
Windows (versions 3.0, 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP), Linux (Mandrake/Mandriva, Debian, Kubuntu)
Operating Systems with working knowledge:
CP/M, MP/M, VAX-VMS